Where in the world is....?

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The beginning of the story of the Storeys

Leave it to me to get engaged and then disappear into the wilderness without leaving the story or pictures. Here’s my attempt at reconciliation to those I’ve left in the dark:

On a bright sunny afternoon in the beatiful lakeside city of Queenstown, Philip and I were quite busy making plans for our upcoming two week vacation in Fjordland on the south island of New Zealand. In typical Carmen fashion, I was frantically flipping through guidebooks and huffing at the prospect of having to walk around the streets in search of a payphone to make our reservations. Always quick with a solution, Philip assured me that we had passed a phone near St. Joseph’s Church, a beautiful quaint chapel up on the hill. It wasn’t until we made it to the steps of the chapel that I looked up from my guidebooks and noticed Philip’s suspicious behavior. Overlooking Lake Wakatipu, with the summit of Mount Te Tapu-nui behind him, he asked me to marry him and I said yes.

There's the story in a nutshell, though details, pictures, and celebratory squeals are all options for those of you I haven't been in touch with yet. We're incredibly excited and are looking forward to a wonderful wedding in May of 2008!

4 Comments:

  • Ok, I have proclaimed you officially insane, and now I am worried about Phillip's sanity too. He actually let you jump! Seriously, congrats, and he had better be VERY special!

    Mrs. Hollis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM  

  • Finally, a picture!!! We are very happy for you both!!!
    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 PM  

  • I wish I'd known you were going to New Zealand. My roomie when I was at Lake Baikal, another place you need to try to get to, lives somewhere on the South Island. She would loved to have put you up, shown you some stuff, etc.

    Congrats again,

    Mrs. H

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 AM  

  • Even though I don't remember what's his name contacting me to ask my permission, I guess I can offer it after the fact. Congratulizations to both!!

    Have enjoyed keeping up with you through your blog this year. Thanks for sharing with us.

    You two are quite a pair! Only the very, very best to you both! I would say that I don't know which of you are the more fortunate. But I do know! And I hope he does, too.

    Take care of yourself!

    RMcIntire

    By Blogger RMc, at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home