Where in the world is....?

Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Fresh Start

A Fresh Start


Every time I think I'm ready to integrate back into the American culture, I find myself once again engaging in activities that, though seem logical to me, might be quite alarming to those of you back in the States. Let's take today:


Today I returned from a six day seriously intense trek over high mountain passes between two of Tibet's largest monasteries. Before embarking on our landcruiser adventure tomorrow, I sought out the laundry service of our hotel to make everyone in our car a bit more comfortable. Upon hearing the ridiculous prices charged by our foreigner's hotel, I followed the advice of friends and washed all of my laundry in the fountain in front of our hotel. Faux pas? I call it ingenuity.


Try that on for size next time you're staying at a Hyatt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home